Transform Oregon State research projects into
"The UVDF is a powerful catalyst in turning ideas into innovations while providing tangible tax savings to investors. By investing, you can improve your own tax situation, help OSU, and in turn strengthen the Oregon economy."
— Duane McDougall ’74, former CEO of Willamette Industries
Oregon’s University Venture Development Fund provides an innovative way to ensure that great ideas benefit the state by providing up to 60% in Oregon income tax credits for donors who support the transfer of university research to Oregon’s commercial marketplace.
The commercialization of OSU-generated research is one of the university’s top priorities and the UVDF is the principal source of support to advance this endeavor. The UVDF rewards Oregon taxpayers who support this initiative by providing an unprecedented tax incentive in return.
To date, more than $1.1 million in donor support has helped invigorate nearly 20 OSU research projects with awards ranging from $1,000 to more than $180,000.
We invite you to partner with us to advance research at the university, and help Oregon State significantly contribute to the economic and social well-being of our state and nation.
Giving is Easy
- Both individuals and corporations can contribute to the UVDF
- Donors designate a gift of cash or publicly traded stock
- Donors submit a signed contribution and tax credit application form
- The OSU Foundation will issue tax credit certificates to individual or corporate donors equal to 60 percent of the contribution, up to a maximum credit of $50,000 per year
- The credit claimed in a single year cannot exceed 20% of the total contribution